Have you noticed that your candles may have an uneven appearance or look as if they have one/multiple large air bubbles? This is due to uneven cooling of the temperature in the container or glass, or one side cooling faster than the other, which is known as wet spotting or frosting. This occurs mostly in natural waxes such as soy or coconut wax and does not affect the performance or scent of the candle. In fact, it is one way to know that you are buying a natural wax candle with natural characteristics.
Frosting is another characteristic that occurs with soy/coconut waxes and does not affect the performance or scent of the candle. Be sure that when you purchase candles from SMALL-PLANT, if your candle may have these distinctive characteristics, it is proof that you are purchasing a quality natural coconut/soy candle.
Here is a picture of what a wet spot looks like. Each candle is hand poured and unique. Please click on the link below about candle care. Candle care is the most important and critical. Safety is very important to SMALL-PLANT. We want you to enjoy your candle to the last burn in a safe manner.
Candle Care and Safety Instructions
Candles are meant to be enjoyed and are perfectly safe if used with care and caution. Please read and pay attention to the warning label placed at the bottom of the candle. This will prevent fire and injury to you and your loved ones.
When you first light your candle, allow the candle to form an even pool around the diameter of your candle.
- It is best to burn your candle for 2 to 3 hours to prevent a memory ring. But don’t burn for more than 4 hours at a time.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets-very important.
- Don’t leave lit candles unattended, burning only on fireproof surfaces.
- Trim wicks ¼ inch at a time before burning.
- Keep wax pools free of wick debris and clutter.
- Keep away from drafts, vents and fans.
- Never extinguish candles with water and make sure candles are completely extinguished before leaving the room.
- Never touch or move a burning candle, this may cause injury or fire.
- Do not burn the candle all the way through; for safety reasons, stop using the wax when half an inch remains in the container.
- SMALL-PLANT is not responsible for misuse of the product.
Following these safety rules will allow you to fully enjoy your wonderfully scented candles.