Have you noticed that your candles may have an uneven appearance or look as if they have one/multiple large air bubbles? This is due to uneven cooling of the temperature in the container or glass, or one side cooling faster than the other, which is known as wet spots or frosting. This happens mainly in natural waxes such as soy or coconut wax and does not affect the performance or fragrance of the candle. In fact, this is one way to know that you are buying a candle made of natural wax with natural characteristics.
Frosting is another characteristic that occurs with soy/coconut wax and does not affect the performance or fragrance of the candle. Please be sure that when you purchase a candle from SMALL-PLANT, if your candle may have these distinct characteristics, it is proof that you are purchasing a quality natural coconut/soy candle.
Here is a picture of what the wet spot looks like. Each candle is hand poured and unique. Please click on the link below about candle care. Candle care is the most important and critical. Safety is very important to SMALL-PLANT. We want you to enjoy your candle to the last burn in a safe manner.
Candle care and safety instructions
Candles are meant to be enjoyed and are completely safe if used with care and caution. Please read and pay attention to the warning label placed on the bottom of the candle. This will prevent fire and harm to you and your loved ones.
- When you first light your candle, allow the candle to form an even pool around the diameter of your candle.
- Candles are best burned for 2 to 3 hours to prevent memory rings. But do not burn for more than 4 hours at a time.
- Put it out of the reach of children and pets - very important.
- Do not leave lit candles unattended, burning only on fireproof surfaces.
- Before burning, trim the wick ¼ inch at a time.
- Keep the wax pool free of wick debris and debris.
- Keep away from drafts, vents and fans.
- Do not extinguish candles with water and make sure they are completely extinguished before leaving the room.
- Do not touch or move a burning candle as this may cause injury or fire.
- Do not burn the candle all the way through. For safety reasons, stop using the wax when there is half an inch left in the container.
- SMALL-PLANT is not responsible for the misuse of the product.
Following these safety rules will allow you to fully enjoy the wonderfully scented candles.